Show Notes - Episode 15
Welcome to the Sounds Like a Search and Rescue Podcast! Also known as SLASR.
Join an experienced search and rescue volunteer and his friend as they discuss all things related to hiking and search and rescue in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
This week we catch up on recent search and rescue news, talk about the legend of Chief Chocorua and discuss the impact long distance thru hiking has on your body.
- Drink Discussion
- Recent Hikes
- Mike explains the origin of the SLASR group in facebook
- Search and Rescue Talk
- Camel’s Hump Rescue
- Girl yeets black bear off a wall to save her foo foo dogs
- Mount Shannon Rescue
- Cathedral Ledge
- Hiker dies in freak accident
- Tuckerman Ravine\
- Chocorua Talk
- Jim Liberty Cabin is haunted
- Stomp talks Chocorua history
- Chief Chocorua story
- Long Distance thru hiking talk
We referenced this show as number 14 when we recorded it but we put out an unplanned episode so this episode is labeled as 15 in our show list.