Welcome to the Sounds Like a Search and Rescue Podcast! Also known as SLASR.
Join an experienced search and rescue volunteer and his friend as they discuss all things related to hiking and search and rescue in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
This weeks episode highlights The Terrifying 25 list
- Beer/Hiking Discussion
- Mike and Stomp's most terrifying hiking moments
- The Terrifying 25
- Recent fatality on Moosilauke
- Solo winter hiking safety discussion
Mike's Beer - Creative Differences from Barewolf Brewing
- Mike's description of Trish's book is slightly off. The book is the story of Trish and her oldest daughter. We referenced both daughters.
- The correct pronunciation of Mount Moosilauke is under dispute. Some people pronounce it as Moose-a-lock (Stomp) and others pronounce it as Moose-a-lock-key (Mike). Both pronunciations are considered correct.