Welcome to the Sounds Like a Search and Rescue Podcast! Also known as SLASR.
Join an experienced search and rescue volunteer and his friend as they discuss all things related to hiking and search and rescue in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
This weeks episode highlights Epic Hikes in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
- New audio drops and introduction
- Podcast updates
- Horror movies discussion
- Beer/Hiking discussion
- Mike's Long Trail Ale history lesson
- Mike's Moosilauke hike and Stomp on crutches
- Stomp's trail name backstory
- Billing for a rescue
- Epic Hikes
- Presidential Traverse
- Pemi Loop
- Stomp's exploding bear spray situation
- Baldface Loop and naked people in Emerald Pool
- Wildcat, Carter Moriah traverse
- Kilkenny Ridge
- Recent Search and Rescues
- Baldface Rescue
- Wildcat Ridge Rescue
- Chocorua Rescue
- Flume Slide Rescue
- Acadia Deaths
- Recent Deaths of missing persons in NH
- Name origins for the 4000 Footers
Mike messed up on describing the Pemi loop. He referenced Zealand when he meant Galehead.